Saturday, May 9, 2009

Memories: The Wake Up Show

In the late 90's on Friday nights from 2 am - 5 am Power 99 used to replay the Wake Up Show, from Cali. In a time when the internet was still at 56k max speeds for most, I was being exposed to the craziest, dopest things I could imagine every weekend. On Saturday afternoon you could catch me on Napster trying to find some of the tunes I had heard the night before. Countless acts used to come thru, be interviewed, and freestyle. DJ Revolution was on point with his. It all added up to some mind opening, life altering experiences, all on my own, laying in my bed, bent , listening on head phones all night. Here's some of those dusty MP3s I aquired on Saturdays after being put on by Sway and King Tech!

Sway and Tech feat. Various Artists - Wake Up Show Anthem #7 (zs) (mf)

Self Scientific - Best Part (zs) (mf)

Styles of Beyond - Spies Like Us (Kut Masta Kurt Remix) (zs) (mf)

T La Rock - Lyrical King (zs) (mf)

No comments: